[Ansteorra] comments on Western Region problem

estarkey at camalott.com estarkey at camalott.com
Wed Jan 9 10:03:21 PST 2008

Abilene to San Angelo 91 miles (Trelac)
Abilene to Big Spring  107 miles (Crossrode Keep)
Abilene to Odessa 170 miles (Blacklake)
Abilene to Midland 148 miles (Blacklake)
Abilene to Lubbock 165 miles (Bonwicke)
Abilene to Amarillo 269 miles (Adlersrhue)
Abilene to Borger 282 miles (Am Loch)

Source, randmcnally.com

Midland/Odessa are about 30 miles apart on I-20, Big Spring is about an hour
east on i-20, and abilene is another hour and a half further east.  From
Sweetwater (where I-20 hooks up to 84 going toward Lubbock, about an hour
from both Big Spring and Abilene, it's about a 2 hour drive.  you can cut
off a bit taking 87 out of Big Spring going to Lubbock for those folks.
Amarillo is about an hour and a half drive north on I-27 from Lubbock, and
Borger a bit further up.  Not the distances people really want or can afford
to drive once or twice a week at $3.00 a gallon for gas, let alone late on a
weekday when you have to get up at 6 to go to work the next day.

Ryah, Mendersham.