[Ansteorra] Member or Not?

SoldierGrrrl soldier.grrrl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 19:27:15 PST 2008

On 1/10/08, Colin MacNachtan <colin at mccr.org> wrote:

> After seeing the governing documents as quoted elsewhere in this discussion, I
> see that you are indeed correct.  However, I would also point out that this
> information is very well hidden.  To the ordinary person filling out the
> membership form the only difference between sustaining and associate is
> whether you receive the kingdom publication.  I believe Rose's point, and
> indeed my lady is in the same position, is that if they knew of this
> difference they would have opted to get a sustaining membership.
>
> I do agree it's not up to SCA Corporate to identify this distinction since it
> is Ansteorra-specific, but I also find it significant that the difference is
> so well hidden that even some kingdom officers did not know it.

As *very new* members of the Society, I did not know my family
membership did not count towards our numbers, although with the
dissoulutionn of my shire, it really doesn't matter so much.

Helena Dalassene
Of the Shire formerly known as Middleford.
--
Blonde.  It's not just a hair color; it's a way of life.

http://soldiergrrrl.livejournal.com/