[Ansteorra] Ansteorra Digest, Vol 21, Issue 50

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Fri Jan 11 20:34:42 PST 2008

Each kingdom has its own personality, its own needs, its own historical
environment. When I'm in the East, I'm amazed at the way things work there.
Calentir has practices that puzzle me.

In Texas we have hundreds of Independent School Districts. They raise most
of the money they spend, but they have state funds and federal funds. This
structure causes a number of inequities in school funding, but they prize
their independence. It is a matter of control to match the needs and wants
of the local citizens with how they spend their money. With outside money
comes outside control.

Each kingdom wants to retain its own unique ways of doing things and would
resist central control telling them how to do things they have controlled
locally for decades.

Would it be easier if everything was the same? Sure. Would we want that
sameness? I'm not at all sure.

Caelin on Andrede

=======================
<snip, snip>

Quick questions, though: Why does Ansteorra have different requirements than
Corporate? Why are the membership requirements not uniform? Wouldn't it be
easier if everything was uniform so that we wouldn't have this problem?
Wouldn't it also be easier to make that membership information readily
available through a link that goes somewhere other than a copyright notice?

I just arrived back to Ansteorra, so maybe things have changed since I left
five and a half years ago. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Respectfully,
Eleanor Cleavely