[Ansteorra] An inquiry

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 20:22:08 PST 2008

The Crown (Known World wide) is required to ask the opinion of the populace of the Barony in regard to choosing it's Baron and Baroness by a polling (except in one Barony in Japan where it is chosen by competition.)

They make their decisions based on many different factors... including the opinion of the populace of the Barony.

I find it kind of offensive that you use the term "brass hat" in such a way...
for a number of reasons... the biggest being because Crowns take their responsiblity of choosing the heads of a Barony seriously and strive to do the best they can with the information they have.

I...for one wouldn't wish to be in their shoes in trying to figure out who of the proposed candidates would be the best... it's gotta be one of the toughest choices that a Crown makes...

To answer Mr Acker's question... we choose our Crowns by combat because it is codified in the Corpora and Bylaws of the SCA.

contained here:
http://www.sca.org/docs/govdocs.pdf

There has been discussion a number of times in the in the past of ways it might be changed but no satisfactory way has been found.

L DeerSlayer

Chass <charinthalis at sbcglobal.net> wrote: Its not an election. Some crowns say "we will listen to the populace for
their likes and dislikes and take that into consideration". People have
differeing opinions in how brass hats are chosen.

Charinthalis Del Sans