[Ansteorra] Ansteorra Digest, Vol 21, Issue 55

Robert Fitzmorgan fitzmorgan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 21:05:52 PST 2008

On Jan 13, 2008 7:14 AM, jerry johnson <johnjx1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unto Robert Fitzmorgan:
>
> In re: Tivar's letters:
>
> One little problem with, say, Blacklake meeting at Bonwicke and Bonwicke
> at
> Blacklake etc:
> Please GET THIS: THE TWO ARE 120 (ONE HUNDRED TWENTY) MILES APART!!!!!
>
> How would it be if we were Kingdom and we told Steppes that you had to go
> play in Byrn Galad or Bjornsborg every week or two? Would  YOU BE ABLE TO
> AFFORD THE GAS MONEY AND YOUR MUNDANE LIFE TOO?
>
>      I think maybe you misunderstood me.  I wasn't suggesting that
everyone in Blacklake go to Bonwicke and everyone in Bonwicke go to
Blacklake,   I was suggesting that if the populace of Blacklake become
members of the Barony of Bonwicke then Bonwicke  could add a populace
meeting, A&S meeting and/or fighter practice to their local calender to take
place at the times and places where the Blacklake meetings took place, so
that the people in the former Shire of Blacklake could attend meetings in
their own town WITHOUT having to travel 120 miles.  Most of the
communication between the officers in Bonwicke and their deputies in
Blacklake can be by phone or Email.  The only actual paperwork that would
need to be filed are Waivers IF they choose to make their fighter practices
official.
    No one from Blacklake has to go to Bonwicke for a meeting unless they
want to, and no one form Bonwicke has to go to Blacklake for a meeting
unless they want to.
    This may not be the right answer for every group in the West, it may not
be the right answer for any of the groups.  The people affected by these
changes will have to find the right answers for themselves.
     Realistically, some people will probably quit playing because of this.
I hate that but odds are that it will happen.  I expect that most people
will stick around though, and they find ways to make this work.  These
changes are going to present real challenges.  You can either overcome those
challenges or you can give up.  As Ansteorrans I expect you to overcome.

Robert Fitzmorgan

--
"If you haven't found something strange during the day, it hasn't been much
of a day."     John A. Wheeler

Fitzmorgan at gmail.com
Yahoo IM: robert_fitzmorgan