[Ansteorra] Transparency. was CLOSED MEETINGS

Colin MacNachtan colin at mccr.org
Mon Jan 14 10:50:20 PST 2008

On Monday 14 January 2008, Richard Yeager wrote:
> I am not aware of our Kingdom having paid employees who will have personnel
> issues.  I will gladly stand corrected if we do.  That eliminates one
> reason that the discussion should be closed.

I would interpret "personnel issues" to apply to every person who plays in the
kingdom, member or non-member.

I can well imagine that some significant part of what gets discussed will
include references to those "personnel", ranging from some candidate's
suitability for an office they're applying for, to some officer's ability to
get their reports in, to even perhaps some report of misdoing that may
require sanction.  None of these issues should be public discussions, and I
could see any of them arising on a regular basis.

We have to trust that our officers will make public any actions that the
populace has a right to know about, but I would guess most of the discussions
remain just that, discussions that do not result in any action taken, and
therefore not something we need to be aware of.

Colin