[Ansteorra] Transparency. was CLOSED MEETINGS

SoldierGrrrl soldier.grrrl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 11:01:16 PST 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 12:54 PM, Elizabeth Blackthorne <eblackthorne at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please all, remember that there are many on this list who are new to our
> game.  This is the ugly political side we don't advertise, because you
> playing this is a choice.  You can choose to just play and not be involved
> politically.  You can just have fun!!

Thank you.  My husband and I are new-ish to the SCA and to Ansteorra
in general, and we arrived in the Kingdom just as our shire
(Middleford) was being dissolved.  There are a lot of hard feelings,
mainly because several of us who are playing now were not in the
country when all this went down, but this list isn't the place to vent
my feelings, or, as some have done, make sniping remarks regarding
having a good time after the SCA.

I truly hope the people of the Western Region find peace and
happiness, even if the decision is not what they would have chosen of
themselves.  I know those of us in Middleford who haven't given up are
having fun.  :-)

In peace,
Helena Dalassene
--
Blonde.  It's not just a hair color; it's a way of life.

http://soldiergrrrl.livejournal.com/