[Ansteorra] Transparency. was CLOSED MEETINGS

Laetitia laetitia at doverkeep.com
Mon Jan 14 15:10:23 PST 2008

At 11:53 AM 1/14/2008, Jay Rudin wrote:
>Cuan wrote:
> > Are we being sued?  That is two.
>
>I don't know.  But if we are, and if there is a need to keep it private,
>then they WILL NOT TELL US.  That's what "keep it private" means.

One minor quibble, while the discussion of how to handle the law suit
is and can be held behind closed doors the organization, and by
default its officers, cannot keep the existence of the lawsuit from
the members.

> >  No one gave any indication that the closed session was for one of these
> > reasons.
>
>If there is a reason to keep the meeting private, then by definition that
>will *not* be discussed in public.

OK, two quibbles. Surely you see a distinction between announcing the
topic and announcing details???
"We are discussing John Doe's term as barony exchequer and this
meeting will be closed" is incredibly different from "We are
discussing John Doe stealing funds from the barony and what we are
going to do about it and this meeting will be closed"

Laetitia