[Ansteorra] Nordsteorra

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Mon Jan 14 21:29:24 PST 2008

D'Alder wrote:

> Let's not jump on Master Robin too much after all he did speak well of
> the NORTH!

Oh, that's all right, D'Alder.  I can cope.

Xavier responded to JP:

JP> LOL.  Robin I wonder if the residents of Tulsa and OKC are going to
JP> be surprised to learn that they don't live in a major metropolitan area

X> Exactly.  I guess 520000 people and the third largest city in the US
(land)
X> isn't major enough (and that's just OKC.  Not the surrounding cities.)

A. Land area is not at issue.  Moving the signs further down the highway
doesn't particularly support the SCA.

B. Exactly my point.  In each of the Central, Coastal and Southern regions,
the most populous* city is at least 1,000,000 and the top two cities total
over 1.7 million.

Though far less populous*, Nordsteorra has the largest populace*.  Yes, I
still believe that this is a great accomplishment, worthy of high praise,
and you cannot talk me out of it.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin

*These are actually the correct usages, by the way.  "Populous" is an
adjective, meaning "having lots of people".  "Populace" is a noun, meaning
the people themselves.