[Ansteorra] CLOSED MEETINGS

ke5zw at wt.net ke5zw at wt.net
Wed Jan 16 06:25:38 PST 2008

I have got to make this comment..... on the closed meeting issue.

Under the Texas and Calif Open Meetings laws, the SCA and organizations
like it DO NOT fall under those standards by law.

Many organizations do however, follow a basic premise of those lines to
keep an "above board" PERCEPTION of and open operation of the
organization.

Having been in many different groups in the past,  there are times that
the officers and others of authority must have the privilege of closed
meetings in order to discuss "delicate or litigious (legal or potentially
legal related) matters" that certain details can not or should not be
shared with the general public.

The wording above comes from several lawyer friends of mine and a company
OGC friend (the legal eagles) that I have presented this issue to
recently.

In the past, there have been closed meetings at Red Tape, Coronation,
Crown and other gathering's of Ansteorra.

Niklas