[Ansteorra] Regalia vs. Insignia

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 16 10:27:41 PST 2008

My POV is that insignia can be put on things, where regalia is put on
(or held by) people.  The insignia for an office can be put on the
stationary that officer uses, or on a broach.  The broach might be the
regalia that officer wears.  Regalia however does not necessarily have
to be adorned with the insignia of the office.

Our kingdom award constitutions identify "insignia" for each award, but
I don't know if, at the time, consideration was given to identifying
insignia versus regalia.

Alden