[Ansteorra] Youth Collegiums

Donna Nesbit themaefare at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 08:01:06 PST 2008

I am glad you suggested this as I thought about it also.  In addition, not picking up children in a timely manner can be considered neglect.  Now I know that we do not want to run off people, but if the local senshal happened to come over to children's activities 20 minutes or so after the set closing time and talked to each parent (nicely, but firmly) about being on time, it might get the point across.  This would be especially effective if the heralds had announced closing time several times.  I know some parents will have good reasons for being late and some will be irate, but after several groups do the same thing, the point might get across-  Parents are responsible for their children!!!  We expect parents to be responsible for their children!!!

  Penelope

Bridget the Stargazer <bridgetthestargazer at hotmail.com> wrote:

I can't remember where I read about it but either at an event (or at the events of a kingdom), they would have a herald announce the parents who needed to collect their children. The parents were warned this would happen beforehand so if it happened to them, it was their own fault.

Say lunch is scheduled for 12:00pm. It could be heralded at 11:45am that parents/guardians need to collect their children to feed them during the break. The same thing could happen near the end of the day's activities. If at 12:15pm or 15 minutes after the day had ended, the children were not collected, a herald could announce the uncollected "valuables" at Children's Activities.

Taking a moment in court to say thank you to the parents who DID collect their children promptly without mentioning those who didn't (they will shamefully know who they are) might encourage others to do likewise in the future.

Just a couple of thoughts,
Bridget the Stargazer