[Ansteorra] A question about freedom from the Western Region

Lord Pooky lord_pooky at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 00:15:19 PST 2008

Much Love Ansteorra! A question came to me from someone not on the Ansteorran List. They wished it forwarded to the list to inspire answers and discussion.  To paraphrase (always dangerous): What limits if any exist as to where someone can call their home now that their home is no more? Verbatim: * *It has been brought to my attention that the land in which I live, no longer exists in the mighty world of Ansteorra.  I was informed that to remain an active member of SCA that I would have to move my zip code to another established region.  I was given the option of 2 very fine regions that are relatively close to what use to be called The Western Region.  My question is: If I am required to make allegiances with another, then am I not allowed to pick the region that I would like to most align with?  I know that there were political or established rules which played a major part in the disintegration of my home land.  But I was graciously allowed to meet King Ulsted and Queen Ebergardis.  They were lovely enough to appear to enjoy the meal that I had prepared for them.  They were the ones who bestowed upon me, my coveted 'Ladyship' of which I thought that I would never attain.  I also have made friends in the region of Namron.  These are the people who have graciously helped me see glimmers of the 'Dream' of which I have been so drawn to. If my freedom is limited, then I will graciously move my zip code to the appropriate region.  But if I am truly free, then 'I would like to choose' where my populous number would be counted. If permitted I would choose the place in Ansteorra which I feel has given me the strongest sense of the 'Dream'. Long live the reigning King and Queen, may the gods bless Duke Ulsted and Duchess Ebergardis, and may Ansteorra stand strong!! Sincerely,Lady Kisska cohn du et Amore', the Chosen One of Lord Pukhta Luvtsevich* Post Scriptum (from me) ~ I think it's a good question.  I think it reveals a valid concern we could address, for those who haven't been en Societata for a few decades. Please discuss! and I will forward your highly valued thoughts and opinions. I appreciate everyone's help, participation, and consideration. Lovingly,Pooky