[Ansteorra] [Bryn-gwlad] Food fight at Bryn Gwylad's Candlemas!!

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 26 22:32:58 PST 2008

On Jan 27, 2008, at 12:06 AM, michael young wrote:

> Just a reminder:  The final Chivalric scenario at Candlemas is a
> Feast Hall Melee.
>
> Anything that you can make Chivalric combat safe/legal that you
> might find at a 9th century feast will be allowed as a "weapon".
> Anything from a tankard, to a sausage, to a stuffed goose.
>
> My personal goal is to come up with a legal safe chair that can be
> broken over somebody's head.
>
> Uther

Ooooh. This could be fun.
pottery-wepns-msg  (6K) 12/21/99    Period use of pottery in weapons.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/COMBAT/pottery-wepns-msg.html

Oh. List legal. I guess pottery hand-grenades/Greek fire might be
difficult to make list legal. But they're period!

Well try this file for some ideas. I'm sure some of these could be
adapted to chivalric combat.

SPD-msg           (14K) 12/ 6/95    Silly Parrying Devices for SCA
rapier combat

http://www.florilegium.org/files/COMBAT-RAPIER/SPD-msg.html

Stefan

--------