[Ansteorra] Personna play

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 26 23:06:26 PST 2008

On Jan 27, 2008, at 12:25 AM, Sher M wrote:

> My understanding of history is that items that were costly were
> basically
> passed down to the next in line.  They may have been remade
> (clothing) or
> simply made to fit that particular person.  Armor, swords, etc were
> passed
> down the male line again because they were costly items.

Yes, and there was a thriving business in used clothes. And clothes
were reworked as fashion changed. But clothes only last so long. So
while this will work for clothes for a few generations it doesn't
give you a ready excuse for wearing clothes mixed over several
centuries.

> So the way people learned of new 'fashions' was when they attended
> court of
> some type and saw what the nobles surrounding the King, Queen, Prince,
> Princess, Duke, etc wore.  Then the 'cloth' was remade into more
> fashionable
> clothing.  Sort of a waste not, want not.
>
> Runa of the Thundering Herd

For commentary from a number of different points of view, see these
files in the PERSONA section of the Florilegium:
Barbrn-Persona-art (9K)  2/18/05    "Barbarian Personae" by Baron Hrolf
                                        Herjolfssen.
Persona-CMA-art   (13K)  2/18/05    "Persona in the Current Middle
Ages -
                                        Guidelines to persona play"
                                        by Mistress Willow de Wisp.
persona-msg       (77K) 12/ 8/00    Persona development. Ideas of
Persona.
Persona-Play-art  (14K)  1/ 3/07    "Persona Play: A Suggestion for
the Dream"
                                        by THL Caitlin Christiana
Wintour.
persona-art       (14K) 11/12/96    An article on persona by Duke
Cariadoc.
Persona-Build-art (14K)  2/24/99    "Building A Persona"
                                        by Pamela Hewitt, the Harper.
Som-Per-Ideas-art (16K) 12/31/02    "Some Persona Ideas" by by HL
Elaine de
                                        Montgris (known as 'Lainie).

Stefan
--------