[Ansteorra] Kingdom Ensign

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Wed Jan 2 08:18:46 PST 2008

While it is not required to be on a swallowtail, that was the intent.of the
first Star Principal Herald (Aureliane Rioghail) and the Crown under which
it was submitted (Lloyd and Joselyn)

Technically, an ensign is a flag.  (The ensign of Great Britain is the
Union Jack.)  In fact, the first draft was drawn as a flag -- a rectangle
wider than it is tall.  After looking at it, they re-drew it as a
swallowtail for submission.  They decided that the rectangular version
looked like a Bathmat of State.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin