[Ansteorra] Bards, Brewers, and Cooks (now with shopping!)

Cisco Cividanes engtrktwo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 09:47:21 PST 2008

SI speak for myself only on this. Others may support or denounce my
opinion as they wish.

I believe one of the thoughts of this "event" was to specifically NOT
have fighting. Fighting has such a huge overlap with the bardic arts
that when you include fighting, a lot of bards are now asked to choose
between activity, and soon the bards that stay are competing with the
fighting for attention. . Part of the reason "bards, brewers and Cooks"
was spoken of was because their is so little overlap between the
three.More to the point, none of the activities require someone to put
on armor...a process that effectively commits them to fighting and keeps
them from dodging in and out of other classes throughout the day.

I love fighting and fighters, but I have to say that if an event is to
be centered around bardic, under the current circumstances, Fighting
should not be part of the event, it too easily overshadows everything
else going on.

Ivo Blackhawk