[Ansteorra] comments on Western Region problem

Pavel pavelcossack68 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 10:35:18 PST 2008

Rose,
  The distances involved are ALL in excess of an hour, in some cases as much as two or more.  I do not wish to travel 1 1/2 hours to a populous and 1 1/2 hours home, but I will if this action continues.  Other shires have farther to travel than we of Crossrode Keep would.  Blacklake has a 2 hour trip and Mendersham almost as long.  Imagine how your involvement in the Dream would change if you were told that you had to make a 2 hour trip to a meeting or practice or seminar and another 2 hours to go home.  Even if you had had a perfectly viable place at your home.
     But even at that it is a secondary issue.  The main issue is that 3 of the 5 shires involved are proposed to be disbanded for no valid reason stated.  The 3 shires are all in full compliance with all Corpora and Kingdom law and feel we are being disbanded for the convenience of a few.  We are taking steps to counter this and are willing to take this issue to the BoD and beyond.
  YIS
  Pavel Poliakov
  Seneschal
  The Shire of Crossrode Keep

Rose & Chad <love at roseandchad.net> wrote:
  .. What kind of distances are we talking about here?
R the O