[Ansteorra] Pay-2-play, Pay-2-fight, Pay-2-whatever...

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Wed Jan 9 11:22:53 PST 2008

What tiers exist currently?
Caelin

-----Original Message-----
From: ansteorra-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org
[mailto:ansteorra-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of ke5zw at wt.net
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 09:18 AM
To: Alasdair MacEogan; Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc.
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Pay-2-play, Pay-2-fight, Pay-2-whatever...

You have misunderstood my request.

We want your input.

But, a topic such as this can get inflamed very quickly and it is not
desirable to tie up the main list for this as I am sure all would like to
give their view on it, but with over several hundred list members, we
can't all talk at once.

Please send your view to us.

The request is very simple....

Based on what has been asked ...what do you think about paying for the
privilege to earn awards, fight, or vote or participate above a very basic
level in the SCA?

There are Kingdoms that do this (not many, but there are several).

At this time, we do not know precisely what they are looking at beyond
what Armand has quoted. That is why we are looking for broad input.

As to the tiers, we have tiers now, and they "maybe" looking at expanding
that to give members more choices....BUT that is my arm-chair guess at
this point.

I would not read anything into what the BoD has requested. I for one do
not think there is "an agenda".

The BoD has several new members and this is something they look at
occasionally.

This is a topic that has been asked by the BoD of the GC and it is
important to get each Kingdoms view.

Hope this helps...

Please send us your view.

HE Niklas