[Ansteorra] Membership errata

Lisa Sawyer ysabeau.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 12:59:34 PST 2008

One of the issues I have with having all memberships count is that there are
a lot of children included in the family memberships. I have a family
membership including my minor daughter. I would not consider her to be a
contributing member or a viable candidate to hold office. By including ~all~
memberships, we could be artificially indicating that there are enough
members to support the offices required to be a viable group.

This ties into the pay-to-play conversation as well. Maybe we need a
membership for people old enough to hold offices (is it 21 or 18?) and
another membership for minors at a lower rate that ties into a full
membership, and an additional fee for subscriptions? This might deal with
all the issues with one stone. I think the main difference between having
two adults and one child on a family membership vs two full memberships and
child membership is that the household only gets one Black Star instead of
two and about $10. But then, I seem to remember waaay back when we were told
that that we weren't really member, we were subscribers to a magazine.

Just random thoughts on the subject,
Ysabeau of Prague