[Ansteorra] Dissolutions..pop numbers..

Rose & Chad love at roseandchad.net
Thu Jan 10 17:30:06 PST 2008

In the end, though, why are we theorizing? Why can't whomever is in charge of that (The Kingdom Senech, I think, but could so be wrong) just say exactly what it was? Do they have to wait until Coronation to announce why or some such?

  Rose the Confused, rofl

ksullivan6 at cox.net wrote:
  One of the stated reasons for the dissolutions in the Western region was retention, so I went to look at the numbers for each region and the kingdom.here is what I found using the data I found on the seneschals web page.
over the last year each region had a net loss of population
Coastal lost .7% of their population
Southern lost 15%
Central lost 2.3%
Western lost 16.3 %
Northern lost 3.2%
Kingdom overall lost 125 members 3.2% of this 125 Southern lost 73 members Western lost only 22.
'07 v '05, 2 regions had a net gain while the other 3 had a net loss
Coastal gained 6.6%
Northern gained 4.6%
Southern lost 16.2%
Central lost 8%
Western lost 15.6 %
Kingdom lost 2.2%
Now as the Kingdom only counts subsribing members here are those numbers
'07 v '06
Central lost 3%
Coastal lost 2%
Northern gained 3%
Southern lost 13.3%
Western lost 14%
'07 v '05
Central gained 3.6%
Coastal lost 12.5%
Northern lost 2.7%
Southern lost18.9%
Western lost 22.1%
Also by the Kingdom regulations for population minimum requirements
as of 8/1/07 only 2 groups in the kingdom are below the minimum and neither of them are in the groups that are being sanctioned.
Over all it appears that most of the Kingdom has a problem with retention, and it appears by the numbers that Southern is in the same boat with Western, so why is Western being singled out?
--
Alix
Work hard,keep the ceremonies,live peaceably, and unite your hearts.