[Ansteorra] events for non-fighters (was bards, brewers, and cooks )

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Thu Jan 10 13:40:52 PST 2008

Personally I find this non fighter issue a little upsetting. I am a fighter and I am tired of having all the bardic and A&S activities put opposite the fighting. Why do you assume that fighters don't do Arts. My Lord Husband-a Duke and his two sons --Squires and the Sir Uslted --The King,  all took time to watch and take part in the Steppes Bardic at Warlord. They took time out from the fighting.
I have heard fighters complain about nothing to do, but I have also heard them complain that what they wanted to do was during fighting. I have also heard Bards complain and static artist complain. I have heard non-fighters , like Ladies of Fighters complain that the classes are put at a time that they couldn't attend and still watch their fighters. I like the idea of no fighting at a Bardic event because it means I am not torn in two direction but I am sure there are Bards that are cooks and brewers and might find sticking all those things together as a problem.
I believe the answer to the problem is to change things around and maybe start using all of our time. I like Bard craft contests at night because I can do the tourney and still take part. I would like our events to last a little longer on Sunday and for us to have the Sunday fighter practices we used to have. I liked it when we had shows on Saturday night along with other things.
Willow de Wisp