[Ansteorra] Dissolutions..pop numbers..

Mystique Mystique at phulesgold.com
Fri Jan 11 08:45:51 PST 2008

Well, we arrived in June of 07.. just in time to attend the dissolution of
Middleford.. and our memberships have just come up for renewal.. we have no
problem with renewal despite all the problems this Kingdom seems to have. We
came from Drachenwald.. and EVERYTHING was done via the internet because that
kingdom is spread over Europe, SW Asia and Africa. There is even a group set up
right in Iraq for SCA for those who deploy. I noticed here that everyone is
required to MAIL IN (via snail mail) all their reports.. I find that a bit time
consuming. Even while my husband was in Iraq, he filed our shire's quarterly
herald reports via email. He even did our own device submissions while in Iraq.
There was NEVER a requirement to snail mail anything with exception to people
submitting Names and Devices. And this is a Kingdom where people don't travel
from state to state or city to city for events.. we travel from COUNTRY TO
COUNTRY and there are the language barriers. We were in Atlantia prior to
Drachenwald. And we have come to enjoy the friends we have made here with our
local peeps (formerly Middleford and others) even with the problems here in the
Kingdom, we don't plan on letting it stop us from having fun. But, I have to
admit, it seems like the Kingdom laws for Ansteora need an overhaul with regards
to Report filings (as too who needs to report and how often) and other
requirements.

And just because Middleford is now Kingdom Lands.. we are still located WITHIN
the Southern Region so I don't see why our numbers should not count within the
Southern Regions numbers.

Oh, and a few of our friends who came here with my hubby's unit (Unit move) from
Germany, even with Middleford's dissolution, have actually REGISTERED
memberships AFTER they arrived.  They did this right before BAM in November. So,
I don't see a whole lot of members lapsing and we are still getting new member
interest. They all don't register right away, but I don't see that as a problem.

Just my humble opinion.

Maire O'Halowrane