[Ansteorra] Ansteorra Digest, Vol 21, Issue 45

Lisa A. May maaggie1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 15:37:40 PST 2008

> On Jan 11, 2008, at 5:20 PM, eleanor cleavely wrote:
>
> I understand that the "sustaining" and "subscribing" have been
> defined. What
> I am saying is that they need to be redefined or at least clarified
> on the
> website and SCA literature to indicate that being a "sustaining/
> subscribing"
> member is the only way to be counted for the purpose of a
> Baronial/Regional/Kingdom status.
>
> I'm not asking to reinvent the wheel, just that we make sure it is
> perfectly
> clear what that wheel is.

But that's only true in Ansteorra (and maybe a few other kingdoms),
not SCA-wide.  Each Kingdom has the right to do what Ansteorra has
done by having more stringent requirements for group status, or to
require membership for different activities (which some do).  It is
not feasible to expect "someone" at corporate to keep track of all
the different kingdom rules and make sure they are all fully
explained and laid out on the corporate membership page.  The
prospective member has to take the responsibility to either read all
the documents or ask questions if they don't understand.

Maggie

Countess Margaret ny Connor
Barony of the Steppes
Kingdom of Ansteorra

And do as adversaries do in law; strive mightily, then eat and drink
as friends (Wm. Shakespeare)