[Ansteorra] Performance event (was Bards, Brewers, and Cooks (now with shopping!) )

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Mon Jan 14 09:16:19 PST 2008

With much snippage, Quoting Michael Gunter <countgunthar at hotmail.com>:
> I can also see a tavern where a bard would have to have the prowess
> and command to take over an unruly audience and make them listen
> because they want to instead of they HAVE to. If that makes any sense.
> Gunthar
> Not a poet

Count Gunthar:

I would invite you to travel Northward, to the Canton of Chemin Noir, who hold
their annual Fair of the Harvest around November. The Bardic Competition is
held during the evening feast, with the specific goal that their bardic
champion (Troubadour) be one who can command the attention of the table for
which they are performing, above the noise of the crowd, other performers, and
through the distraction of courses being served.  The bards who have won, rose
to this challenge in spectacular fashion.

I've had the pleasure of witnessing this competition for the last three years,
and each year, it has truly been a delight.  I think you would enjoy it, too,
and I encourage you to attend later this year!

Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyyah
Northern Region