[Ansteorra] Performance event (was Bards, Brewers, and Cooks (now with shopping!) )

Elizabeth Crouchet elizabeth at crouchet.com
Mon Jan 14 09:50:43 PST 2008

Sounds like we need to find a date then set up SEVERAL of these events

First year: Bards, Brewers and Cooks
Second Year: Faire/Gather
Third Year: Viking Fair
Fourth Year: something else, so on,  until we start over again

I think this intimate, non-fighting event could be quite viable.

 I like to go to an event and not feel like I need or want to fight.
Then go I can go to an event and spend all of my energies on fighting
till I can't stand any more.
I enjoy each event so much more for the break it gives me from the
other. Variety is the spice of life.
And I still will go to more fighting events but each will be cherished
for what I get out of it.

With any of these non-fighting events I could even see going to the
local Sunday fighter practice, then catching a late lunch at a local
restaurant with my friends before I head home. It would be a nice wrap
up, if time and travel permitted.

We used to do that a lot more. If we were going to the time and expense
to travel to an event area we milked it for all we could get out of it
by extending it with fighter practices or lunches or a trip to a
favorite but hard to get to store or such, but after the event was over
and the work was done.

Claire