[Ansteorra] Northern Reigns

Burke McCrory burkemc at cox.net
Wed Jan 16 20:22:25 PST 2008

At 04:25 PM 1/16/2008, you wrote:
>At 10:07 AM 1/16/2008, you wrote:
> >Robert wrote:
> >
> > >      While the SCA population in the North is proportionally larger than
> > > the other regions, the Crowns of Ansteorra have historically been
> > > overwhelmingly from Texas.
> >
> >There's some truth to this, but it's not as overwhelming as he thinks.
> >
> >Oklahoma reigns:
> >Jonathan and Willow (1)
> >Finn and Cyf (1)
> >Gerard and Vanessa (1)
> >Mikhael and Rebekka (2)
> >Mikhael and Mikhaela (2)
> >Daffyd and Octavia (1)
> >Barn and Kat (1)
> >Aaron and Vanessa (1/2)
> >
> >That's 9.5 reigns out of 59, or about 1 in 6
> >
> >Oklahoma has slightly over 3.6 million people.  Texas has 23 million.
> >Assume roughly 3 million in the El Paso region, and Oklahoma has slightly
> >less than 1/6 of the people in Ansteorra to draw from.  So it seems pretty
> >balanced.  Figuring that the North currently has roughly 1/5 of Ansteorra's
> >population, it's still not really out of line.
> >
> >But it isn't evenly distributed in time.  Oklahoma had two of the first
> >five reigns, and seven reigns from 1989 through 1999.
> >
> >Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin

I have had a chance to give this some thought and here is a corrected list.

Jonathan II and Willow II (1st Ansteorran Crown)  - Namron
Finn I and Cyf I  Northkeep/Namron
Mikhael I and Rebekka I - Eldern Hills
Mikhael II and Rebekka II - Eldern Hills
Mikhael III and Mikhaela I - Eldern Hills
Mikhael IV and Mikhaela II - Eldern Hills
Barn I and Kat I - Wiesenfeuer
Aaron III and Vanessa II - San Marcos Tx. /Namron

Gerard I and Vanessa I  - From the north originally but lived in
Elfsea during their reign
Daffyd I and Octavia I  - from the north region but lived in Brad
Leah during their reign

Burke