[Ansteorra] Events in the Last Five years

Rose & Chad love at roseandchad.net
Mon Jan 21 06:05:11 PST 2008

  I've endevoured to make my persona as like me as possible, so I can be comfortable and period at events. Invariably, the two cannot match perfectly, but they can come pretty close. However, alot of us are interested in times and places that don't hold people like ourselves - sometimes that's part of the attraction of the period.

  So, while I'm sure persona play can be wonderful, it's not for everyone. Just as fighting and the arts are not for everyone, while others live and breathe them, and won't go to events without them. Maybe those who are more interested in persona play can start planning new events or adding more persona activities to regular events so they can have more fun, and so others who haven't seen persona play can experience it.

  R the O

  JP Said:

  I think I'm going to say what some others are thinking, but might be uncomfortable saying. I think it's almost a dirty secret for someone to not think persona play is wonderful.

  I don't particularly care for high persona events. I do not role-play well, and it's not something I particularly enjoy doing. Event's that have large amounts of persona play make me feel uncomfortable and weird. JP is really the same person as Carl Chipman, although they dress totally different.