[Ansteorra] What makes a favorite event?

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Mon Jan 21 10:16:50 PST 2008

I want it know that while I stated that I didn't personally like some things like A&S  contest that are very mundane. I liked the faire more flakiest contest we used to have at event. I can't tell you what are the difference but the contest at Lions I found fun. There is something cold about the way we do things now. I liked interacting with the people more.
Other than participating with the Historical reality and escaping to exciting world of Ansteorra. I love the SCA because we get to interact with people in a courtly and courteous way. I like playing the noble and giving out Largess and being nice to people. I also prefer the one-to-one learning/sharing experience. I come to talk to people. In the old days the artist were there to talk to and at lions we had the wonderful breakfast. It was very satisfying in a human way.
Today's A&S is very stress full and with lots of writing and very little ego stokes for the artist. We are lucky if we get to talk to a few people. It has very little social interaction.
Now just because I don't like the form that we are doing obviously some people do. The SCA is not a sum zero game. It is an infinity number game so we have room for many different forms.
Willow de Wisp