[Ansteorra] Magic Moments

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Mon Jan 21 17:59:49 PST 2008

I think I can put an old in your theory. I have been around for 39 years. During that time sometimes it was good and sometimes it wasn't. It was very good in the early days of Namron and then it went down. Then it was very good when Bjornsberg was doing Lions Tourney and then  it wasn't. It was good around the time of the nine worthies and Squires invitational in the Coastal regions. It was pretty good when Elfsea did the culture camps. It has been off and on, but this time it has been off for a long time. I haven't been young in a long time and it isn't the age of my youth I am looking for. I have lived through over six generations and each one had a high point I would like to see again. I am waiting for the new generations high point. I believe that you will not disappoint me.
I blame the problem partly on the policy of limited calendar events. When it was easier to get calendar events groups would gamble on new ideas and let new crazy autocrats try things. If the ideas turned out good they would start a round of clones and we would have new fun stuff to do. Now everyone is really uptight about trying new stuff and the power people hoard every event and give it to their friends. People jump out of their skins when you suggest something different.
willow