[Ansteorra] Documentation

Faelan Caimbeul faelancaimbeul at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 20:42:10 PST 2008

> suggested documentation is 1 to 2 pages...
> and at least 3 sources...
>
> A listing sources is very helpful in figuring out a person's interpretation of an item.
> A person who is well versed in a subject often knows most of the primary and secondary sources generally availible or has heard of them... but most people use quatranary or tertiary documentation... which is often so removed from the item itself... that people who have a modern eye...and read the tertiary sources often go off on very improbably directions with their work.

Again, what do you do when you know an item existed, but there is no
documentation? For instance, we know beer existed, but there is no
documentation of any kind prior to about 1500. What about the wooden
bowls, plates, goblets? What about all the other possibilities for
leather (which was basically medieval plastic) that we can't prove, but
that are entirely possible with the tools, materials and techniques in
existance?

Faelan