[Ansteorra] Youth Collegiums

Owen Van Meter ovanoff57 at clearwire.net
Wed Jan 23 07:52:06 PST 2008

Here is one for you that goes along with what your saying a;thought it
wasn't a SCA thing.
   My wife use to run a small day Care in our home. Most of the kids and
parents were really good. But she had one parent who was kind of hit & miss
about coming and was often the first one to drop her kids off and the last
to pick up in the evening. One afternoon she called my wife and said that
she had been asked to go have a couple of drinks after they got off from
work at 5:00 pm. and wanted to know if it was ok to be an hour or so later
than normal. Wife agreed to that, it's not like the two kids were bad kids.
Well at "2:30 am" the next morning she showed up at our house drunk and all
wanting her kids. My wife said no to that because she would rather keep the
kids until the morning than send them home with someone who was drunk. The
lady left and when she came back to get her kids she tried to get high &
mighty with my wife when she charged her double the normal day rate she
charged.
  And don't even get me started on being a school bus driver with 60+
elementry school age kids on board.