[Ansteorra] Youth Collegiums

Sir Morgan Buchanan morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 23 09:23:36 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexandria Doyle" <garbaholic at gmail.com>

>>   Require a refundable deposit for children activities. You get your
>> $20.00 back if you pick the child up on time. If parents start thinking
>> of it as baby sitting make the deposit more. Ummm nice way to make some
>> money if the different groups took turns with the children.
>>

> I have known people who believe that this refundable deposit entitles
> them to be late, and if they are a little late, well, they've just
> paid for twenty dollars worth of babysitting, how long does that
> translate to?

I have a cousin who runs a daycare.  That's exactly how people treated the
late-fee.  She had to make hers OUTRAGEOUS.  I think she went to $25 for 5
minutes, and $100 for 6 to15 minutes late, and 16 or more minutes late was
$200 before she got people to complain that it was outrageous and stop being
late. I doubt we'd see anyone pay those kinds of deposits.  But it worked
for her business.

Morgan