[Ansteorra] Saxon/Danish early period tourney and melees at Candle mas on Feb 2

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Wed Jan 23 10:58:10 PST 2008

Ladies of the Danes and the North stand by me. I will be traveling to the Court of King Alfred to see his wonders and to visit the religious houses of England. I will be coming down from Scotland and have ample guards to insure your safety. If you would care to travel with me I would be honored. Please send your Heralds with information as to where we can meet up with you.
I was thinking that we might bring gilts to the Great King to show our skills.
We do not usually view fighting because it is so dangerous but they are having "games?" and we might watch the games. Maybe we could bring something to give our Brothers to show our support.
I am not familiar with the customs of the Saxon court but I am sure they will NOT be having a separate Ladies area. I offer my guards to protect us at feast.
Speaking of guards I could use a few more. If you have younger sons who would be willing to take the trip. I will offer a gold coin to each one who comes with us.
Duchess Willow de Wisp