[Ansteorra] A question about freedom from the Western Region

kandace harris thetexladi at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 25 09:43:50 PST 2008

 This may open up a "can of worns"...But I have a question.

    If I live in  Houston, and my zip code is with that group,.. But I work and play with a group in DFW....can I put that (DFW) group on membership card?..Just a question.....

Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote:
  At 10:01 AM 1/25/2008, you wrote:

>It has been a while since I filled out a memebership
>form but I recall having to state what group I was a
>part of and it was printed on my card.

I don't ever recall seeing that on *my* membership form, but even if
it was a policy at one time, it isn't any more.

> Now here is my
>question. (I don't know whether my zip is Elfsea or
>SLR this is just for discussions sake) Lets say I live
>in the Shire of Loch Ruadh, I however chose to play
>with DFT and enter Canton of Dragons Fire Tor on my
>membership application. Does my membership count for
>LR's numbers per the zip code or does it count for DFT
>per my choice?

As far as I understand things, your membership is counted based on
your zip code. I've heard of people maintaining a post office
box for their kingdom newsletter, so they can be counted as citizens
of one kingdom even though their residence is actually in another kingdom.

-Tivar Moondragon