[Ansteorra] Personna play

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 27 12:08:39 PST 2008

I totally agree.  Cloth only lasts so long especially depending on how it
was made, what it was made from and how it was cared for.  For example, fur
appears to go in and out of "fashion" though out the ages.  A thrifty woman
would salvage this type of decoration and pack them carefully away for
future use.  I can not speak for all women but it is almost impossible for
me to throw away fabric, trim, etc if there is a slight chance I might find
a use for it in the future.  I even know how to repair a piece of wool that
has slight moth holes in it.  (Yes I do have thrifty, waste not blood in my
ethnic background).  A thrifty woman would air fabrics on a regular basis to
make sure bugs had not gotten into them.  The fancier fabrics would in a
normal household not be worn on a daily basis.  Thereby allowing the fabric
to last longer with proper storage.

I never said mix and match the centuries.  Some of the lesser households may
not be able to afford the newer cloths but might find something packed away
in a chest that could be used with the newer design of clothing without
appearing completely outdated.  I am speaking of 3-4 generations which was
not that long of a time span compared to today's 3-4 generations.

Runa of the Thundering Herd
http://thethunderingherd.net/