[Ansteorra] knights in America

Mahee mahee_of_acre at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 18:06:09 PST 2008

Recently here in Olympia, Washington a male elementary school teacher saw a woman being abused. He rushed to her defense. He was actually beaten quite badly, but staved off the offender and protected the woman.

Yes, Virginia, there are knights in America.

A great Ansteorrean once told me... if it looks like a knight, behaves like a knight, and has the heart of a knight... it is a knight.

I will always remember the words of that knight, because I am not a heavy fighter and will never wear a white belt. But I truly hope that if I were the one who had seen what was happening, I would have had a knights heart and gone to the womans defense.

your humble servant,
mahee of acre
Barony of Glymm Mere, AnTir

Hedwig/Melissa <honeyfrog at gmail.com> wrote: I must say I think knights do exist in America and in the modern
times...they are called gentlemen where I come from.

With respect,
Hedwig

--
Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them,
but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them, and try to follow