[Ansteorra] Ixnay on the torches and pichforks, gang.

Deborah May auntdwen at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 29 23:22:54 PST 2008

Oh, I think it's fair to say that one of the larger issues of the Civil War, the degree to which the Federal Government can tell a State how to do things, still floats about in modern politics today.  And similar issues--BOD vs. Kingdom; Kingdom vs. Regions/Groups--can be seen to be played out on our political landscape in the SCA.  Often these topics, modern and SCAdian, seem to have a hair-trigger for many of us.

It is, however, also worth noting that there was never a worse nor bloodier loss of American life...

Peace,
Aunt Dwen