[Ansteorra] pictures of period engraved glass

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 18:24:37 PST 2008

Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 02:26:03 GMT
From: "willowdewisp at juno.com" <willowdewisp at juno.com>
Subject: [Ansteorra] pictures of period engraved glass
To: Pavelcossack68 at yahoo.com, ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org

Does anyone know where I can find some pictures of period engraved glass? I have lost patience
 looking fot them on the Web.
Please help
willow
  Try the following:
  The Getty Museum:  www.getty.edu
  Look under "Museum', 'Explore art', 'Types of Art', drop down select 'Decorative Objects and Vases'.   Take a look at the Drinking Vessels, several pages in are some engraved glasses.
  ex: (also site has a number of painted italian and german goblets and beakers)
  http://www.getty.edu/art/gettyguide/artObjectDetails?artobj=1193
  http://www.getty.edu/art/gettyguide/artObjectDetails?artobj=1240
  http://www.getty.edu/art/gettyguide/artObjectDetails?artobj=1241

  Corning Museum of Glass: http://www.cmog.org/default.asp
  You may have to pop around in the current, future and past exhibits.

  You may also be interested in this recent article that I dug up off google, about a recently unknown glass collection from a South American collector to be on display at the Corning:
  http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=940DE4D81730F934A25757C0A96E948260&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all

  And this link to glass collections in the US:
  http://www.justoldglass.org/articles/inhouse/musee.html

  I'd imagine there would be displays on european websites since may of the glass is from Germany, Austria, Italy and France, but the one's I have linked I was not able to find anything.   The Getty in California seems to be the best bet so far.

  Good luck, Hillary