[Ansteorra] Fw: hoop petticoat

Traci traci at crimsonvision.net
Thu Jan 31 09:56:41 PST 2008

I have made both SCA hoops & farthingales as well as Victorian bustle cages
and more.  I prefer to use the plastic coated hoop steel but have
experimented with many a means of support.

Here is a link that I've tucked away in my travels; it shows some great
'alternative' examples of supplies you can get for support garments from
your nearest Home Depot:
http://www.modehistorique.com/elizabethan/homedepot.html

I tried the polyurethane tubing for a recent farthingale and it worked
great.  Getting the correct length in each layer took some fiddling but it
worked out in the end.  :)

Hope that helped!  :)

Elizabeta