[Ansteorra] Fw: hoop petticoat

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jan 31 12:21:23 PST 2008

I believe you can. Many things have been tried, although some, such
as the metal straps, have some disadvantages. A lot of different
possibilities are detailed in this file. As the folks in the SCA have
gotten older/more prosperous and/or the market for them has
developed, you can now get specialized boning made for this use as well.

hoops-msg         (20K)  1/23/08    Period and SCA hoopskirts. Hoop
sources.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CLOTHING/hoops-msg.html

Every time this subject comes up though, I see new creative solutions
or learn something new.

Stefan

On Jan 31, 2008, at 11:45 AM, Sher M wrote:

>  If I remember correctly mine had some type of plastic in it.  Why
> couldn't
>  you use the stiff, slice your finger if you're not careful,
> plastic straps
>  that are used to secure boxes.  The ends are glued/fused together.
>
>  Runa of the Thundering Herd
>  http://thethunderingherd.net/

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas