[Ansteorra] Group Dissolutions

Rose & Chad love at roseandchad.net
Mon Jul 14 14:47:13 PDT 2008

You know, throughout this whole thing, I, and alot of the people that I know, have sort of kept our mouths shut. Obviously something must be going on (or not going on) for this to happen, right? This was my position because, in general, I trust our Officers and our Kings and the other people in leadership positions. I say 'in general' because there are bound to be a few bad eggs, and one woman's bad egg is another woman's yummy breakfast. :)

  I also believed that there might be a few 'bad egg' groups in Ansteorra. I certainly didn't know of any, but my pocketbook has kept me bound to Northern events, and not as many of those as I would like. So was it possible that some groups had committed some transgressions and were being quietly sanctioned for it? Yep. That's possible. Was it also possible that some groups weren't strong enough to maintain thier status? Yep. That's more than possible, esp. considering the distances involved and our country's economic state.

  So we assumed that it was being taken care of as quietly as possible so that the gentles involved might, if they chose, be able to continue to play without lots of questions and continued embarrassment. Indeed, I had hoped that they would all continue to play as all I seem to hear nowadays is recruit, recruit, recruit.

  (Wanna hear a secret? I don't care what our newcomer levels are like. I welcome them all, but am not going to fret if the levels drop off or disappear. The Dream will continue until I wake up and not a minute longer.)

  With each outburst from the populace involved, and each carefully worded Kingdom-level non-announcing announcement, I grow more skeptical. What is really going on in the Western Region of my Kingdom? Is it 'bad egg' groups? Is it not-strong groups? Is it personal politics? Some strange brew of all of these? All I know for sure is that the Western Region was being disbanded, reorganized, insert politically-correct term here, and that the populace of the Western Region is not happy about it. Oh, and apparently it may or may not have taken three years for some groups in that region to commit these trangressions/lose status/piss somebody off.

  I have to ask... What happened there? Why? Do I even have a right to ask? Is this someone's personal, private business that I should keep my nose out of? Or is what goes on in this Kingdom my business as a member in this Kingdom? How transparent is our Kingdom-level leadership supposed to be? I sincerely hope it's supposed to be more transparent than this, or my Region might just be next, especially since no one outside of the Region (or possibly in it) seems to know just what caused the Western Region to fall. Might we commit the same transgressions, without even knowing it until the axe fell?

  Ah, the many questions that I would love to have answered... I find myself wondering why I have to wonder about such a huge thing as dissolving a whole entire region, and what that lack of open knowlege regarding this issue means for the rest of us.

  Rose the Obnoxious