[Ansteorra] Group Dissolutions

Elizabeth Blackthorne eblackthorne at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 13:56:36 PDT 2008

I wanted to keep quiet about all of this and for those who know me you knew
it couldn't last forever.  I am a part of the Northern area of Trelac, what
used to be Crossrode Keep.  Another member referred to himself as the sad
remains a while back.  This is not how I feel.  It is not sad that I am
still around, what is sad is that many are not anymore.

We can not undo what has been done, but we can strive to keep our members by
not repeating mistakes.  I have lost friends in this game due to death,
divorce, moving, and health reasons.  These are not as hard to deal with
though as the ones I've lost due to being hurt and quitting.  To most of us
this is way more than a game.   The honor system we have demands that this
be more than a game.  It's hard to fake honor yet most of us are more
honorable in this "game" than in our real lives.  So when we hold ourselves
to this high honor, and someone comes down and does something to us, which
we perceive to be dis honorable, especially when this person is a KING,
where do you go from there?

I was carefull to not to call any actions dis honorable, to me having a
secret meeting of Kingdom Officers decide to nuke 5 groups then keep that
decision quiet until one week before the crown steps down and two weeks
before the BOD meeting and state we have no recourse, can be perceived as
dis honorable.  I couldn't tell you the ins and outs of what happened in
this decision making process because I wasn't there.  I can only hope that
this isn't how many including me have perceived it.  Now we have the same
crown again, Aaron's reign was spent fighting this with us, Ulstead is the
King that started it, so there has been no break for us.

I know that for me, the reason I voted to voluntarily dissolve was because
of who won crown tourney.  We would be under a microscope being observed by
the man who said we weren't viable.  It's like winning a wrongful
ternination suit against your employer and coming back to the same boss.  I
was scared that we would be dissolved under him for something little he
searched for, because it was already public knowledge he wanted us gone.

I know I am risking many things by posting this, but I feel that the
benefits out weigh the risks.  The only way to solve a problem to open
communication.  I would like to once again see a unified Ansteorra so lets
clear the air and solve our problems.  I am signing my name to this post
first and listing the names of people who will no longer be playing with us
after.

Elizabeth Blackthorne
In memory of my voluntarily departed friends
Elewyse Luskcome
Alyenorra Fitz Rou
Pavel Poliakov
Patricia Leith