[Ansteorra] Question 7/15 - Crash-Space Etiquette?

Tina Michael tinabetta at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 17:58:59 PDT 2008

Here's is what I know about being a good guest,

 Keep your area tidy, don't leave your laundry, dishes, personal items,
drawers, etc scattered around. You are not at home and it is not your mama's
house, and even if it is your mama's house your are still a guest.

 Don't raid the fridge even if the host says you can. Always offer to pitch
in with food or alcohol costs if you plan to eat or drink, even if your host
says they won't accept it. Stick a few bucks on the table. After all, you
are enjoying the host's hot water and air conditioning.

 If your host goes to bed early be courteous and go, too. Or at least turn
the lights off and turn the TV down.

 Pitch in. Help with the dishes, clean the bathroom up after you use it.
Your host is not there to serve you and should not have to rinse up your
hair from the tub, that's just rude.

 Remember the golden rule. How would you feel if some rude fool came to your
house, ate all of your food, drank all of your beer, trashed your bathroom
and then stayed up being loud all night? Hummm, sounds like a visit from my
brother. Be polite, your mama would be proud.

Currently I am a guest in my parents home as I have just moved to the area
from Florida. I am really trying to be a good guest even thought it is my
mama's house. My dad already called me out about drinking all of his beer
and made me get more. Tee hee!

Lady Augustina Elizabetta da San Germano
aka Bubbles Boudoir

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 6:50 PM, Hillary Greenslade <hillaryrg at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Greetings,
> Ansteorra has often offered crash-space at many of it's events since the
> beginning of this kingdom, but we may see more and more travelers seeking
> crash-space to save dollar.
>
> By definition:  Crash-space is when a local member offers space in their
> home for free to travelers attending the local event; with space being
> offered as either a guestroom, spare bed or couch, or floor space.
>
> What ideas can you share about 'crash-space etiquette' for both the
> traveler and the crash-space provider?
>
> Cheers, Hillary

Any day above ground is a good day!