[Ansteorra] Group Status Changes

Elizabeth Crouchet elizabeth at crouchet.com
Wed Jul 16 12:28:06 PDT 2008

mmarthe at suddenlink.net wrote:
> Alden,
> I am not invisible or a fiction.  Neither was Ryah or Gavin.  The odds were against us and I think its time to move on.  For 20 Yrs. I did the best I could and the people who know appreciate that.  Thank you for the fond memories of your time in the Western Region.  The West still exists and will continue to back each other up.
>
> Marthe de Blenkinsop
That is exactly why he called it an "administrative fiction" the Real
West is still an identifiable area with people and a personality.
The administration has been absorbed into a larger administration. It is
red tape rearrangement.

 Your people and their culture are still very much a part of Ansteorra
and it's rich collection of cultures. Be proud of what you are and
ignore the paper labels. I am still proud that the Western Area of
Ansteorra has the culture and people that it does.

West Texas is also an identifiable area but it does not exist as a
separate part of the state administration, unless as many smaller parts
of that entity. Texas is still proud of the people and culture that is
West Texas. It does not have to have a legal structure to be a part of us.

The Texas Legistlature draws new lines all over Texas quite often. It
does not change who anybody is, just who does the paperwork.

Please let that kind of change be the only kind of change that happens
out West and keep being the fun loving people that you are. The rest of
us are happy to help as we can, even the officers.

Claire