[Ansteorra] A kind offer

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 20:02:06 PDT 2008

I guess it depends on which album of theirs you're talking about ;-)

Funny story:  I used to work in the maintenance office of a state hospital,
and I came to be really good friends with the woman who worked at the desk
right next to me.  The guys in the shop always joked about what a battle-axe
she was, because she was probably the best-natured person on that campus.

Well, once news broke of my impending ordination, one of the guys in the
carpenter shop made a sign for my desk that read "Inquisitions-R-Us."  In
the month before my ordination, Cindy took two weeks off and went to
Pennsylvania with her husband.  While they were gone, one of the
electricians came into the office, looked at the sign on my desk, and asked
me where the iron maiden was.

Being a little slow to catch on to what he was referring to, I replied, "Oh,
she's on vacation.  She'll be back next week."

Cindy still gives me grief over that one.

P&B,
DT+LF

On 7/16/08, Michelle Dodd <lygabrielerdb at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is an Iron Maiden post period? Just curious.
> Gabriele
> The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are
> allowed to remain children all our lives. (Albert Einstein)
>
> > From: DonPieter at aol.com> Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:43:24 -0400> To:
> ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org> Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] A kind offer> > >
> In a message dated 7/16/2008 12:14:21 P.M. Central Daylight Time, >
> herrdetlef at gmail.com writes:> > how about a burning in effigy?> > just
> wait till it rains.> > we talked about straw man arguments in class today,
> so you see where my mind> is tuned> > P&B,> DT+LF> > > Burning at the stake
> is but only one option I give for having old personas > executed. I also do
> beheading, breaking at the wheel, hanging, pressing etc. > > Just a thought>
> Pieter> > >

Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,         þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas         ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing         sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum,         meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.         Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden,         he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum,         weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc         þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade         hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.         þæt wæs god cyning!

Beowulf, 1-11