[Ansteorra] Crash Space AND Guest Etiquette

Lady Pendarvis ladypendarvis at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 17 06:20:35 PDT 2008

Greetings and Salutations good gentles;
Some of my best friends came about because I opened my house to SCA folks I
had not previously known, or stayed at the house of someone kind enough to
open their house to me.

When I am the host, I do my best to provide details up front (pets, kids, no
smoking, etc) as well as the sleeping arrangements - bed, air mattress,
floor, etc. I am fortunate enough now to own a house with extra bedroom and
a real spare bed, which makes it easier for me to offer space now and pamper
my guests.

When I am the guest, I always take a gift for my host/hostess - a bottle of
wine or some excellent chocolate as a thank you for allowing me to stay. I
don't expect my host to feed me, cart me around, or deal with my tendency to
be asleep by midnight.

If you have never offered your home before, whether it's a house or a one
bedroom apt, offer to be the next "Space coordinator" at your next group's
event. It will give you the chance to match up folks in your local group and
folks traveling to that event. If you have more space than a small patch of
floor, offer to host a group of folks traveling together - encouraging ride
shares encourages lower gas prices and more folks assisting your gate.

Just my 2 farthings

Lady Elisabeth Pendarvis

It has removed 12296 spam emails to date.