[Ansteorra] "Freaking the Mundanes"

Paul DeLisle ferretpd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 16:19:15 PDT 2008

Actually, we drove up to the window, waited for our food, and as she handed
it to me, I got THE Question...
...the Classic one...the one that everyone waits their whole SCA lives for:

"Are you all in a play?"

I was actually speechless for about a half a second (...an eternity in the
AldenTalking universe); ...I looked around the car to see 4 other faces also
desperately trying to choose *just* the right response. But I decided to be
a good SCAer; and turned back to the window, (as Claire so aptly put it)
putting my mouth into in "we recreate the Middle Ages" gear... at which
point, her co-worker jumped to the window, and said: "No, no... I know, I
KNOW! ...They're on a *Scavenger Hunt*!"

I just flat couldn't recover from a One-Two punch like that...so I closed my
gaping jaw, nodded, and we took our food and drove off like the faculty of
ACU was after us...

Alden
(Good times....LOL)