[Ansteorra] SCA on Gov't "watch list:"

Linda Lindsey wishwords at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 04:22:31 PDT 2008

> Someone who shall remain nameless said:
>
> "As far as the terrorist "thing," I once heard that every member
> of the SCA
> has a file at the FBI because the SCA is listed as a "subversive
> organization," for no other reason than that our organization structure is
> modeled on a mundane political structure (we've set up kingdoms and
> principalities in the United States)."

Back when The Canton on the World's Edge was just being birthed at Anderson
AFB, Guam, I remember Lord William of Wolfscape telling several of us new
members some SCA specific jokes.  One of them was: How can you tell the FBI
agent on the lyst field?  He's the knight with the patent leather shoes
under his armor.

Of course, we had to ask where that one came from.  He told us the SCA had
been investigated early on as a possible militia group due to it's place of
origin, structure, and the fact that most members learned to handle
weapons.  Supposedly, several of the agents who did the investigating ended
up joining the SCA when the investigation was done.  It was a fun story, but
I chalked it up to SCA urban legend.

Lady Edith Grey
who has held both a TS and a TS/SCI
--