[Ansteorra] World History in High School

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Fri Jul 18 09:11:28 PDT 2008

I note that most of these dates are wars. I'm not opposed to war for good causes, but it seems there are a lot of other dates that are as important. I'm also opposed to memorizing and testing on date recognition as opposed to the study of what happened, who the players were, why it happened, what were the results of what happened, etc. The date is the least important part of the things to be learned. Of course, it is the easiest to test.

I understand, of course, you are telling us what is tested by the state and not endorsing the process.

Thanks,
Caelin on Andrede